THIS AFTERNOON TEA WEEK, 11-17 AUGUST
What do Chocolate Fudge Beach Huts, a London Routemaster, miniature ice cream cones, cigars and tiered cake stands all have in common? They are all items that can found on a wide range of afternoon tea menus available across the country. So shake off that outdated view of afternoon teas as the privileged pastime of ladies who lunch and take advantage of a 25% discount at participating venues across the country this Afternoon Tea Week
- Celebrate the Great British Summer with the Intercontinental London Westminster’s Afternoon Tea, which features The Beach – a true work of art by their talented pastry team – Chocolate Fudge Beach Huts, Cherry Cheesecake Bucket and Spades, Peach Mousse Sandcastles, Toffee and Chocolate Wheels and Jivara Chocolate Cones all of which sit on an almond sand. It’s got to be seen to be believed!
- Whether it’s stunning skylines, sweeping countryside or a seaside setting, enjoy afternoon tea with a view at venues including The Shard (London), Tylney Hall (Hampshire), Cooden Beach Hotel (Bexhill On Sea) and Lindeth Howek (Cumbria)
- Afternoon tea gets the rockstar treatment at Sanctum with the Gentleman’s Afternoon Tea. Forget dainty china and pretty pastries – this is all about attitude and big flavours with Poached Oyster, Lamb Hotpot, Seared Steak, Smoked Salmon served up alongside Jack Daniels ice cream and a cigar.
- Afternoon tea is the perfect family activity, kids will especially love the Afternoon tea inspired by Charlie & the Chocolate Factory at One Aldwych – from decadent golden eggs to blueberry brioche and playful flavoured candy floss, every item reflects the wit and wonder of Roald Dahl’s classic tale. The Mad Hatters Afternoon Tea at The Sanderson includes British food, English ceramics and a large dash of our renowned eccentricity including a tick tock Victoria sponge clock and strawberry and cream homemade marshmallow mushrooms.
- Think afternoon tea is limited to hotels and restaurants? Think again and jump on the BB Bakery Bus for afternoon tea served on a vintage Routemaster as it tours the Capital. Or contact the Park Tower Knightsbridge, which has put together a special Take Away Strawberry Afternoon Tea for you to pick up and enjoy al fresco in one of London’s parks or back in the comfort of your own home. Or immerse yourself in history and sit down for tea in castles from Cheshire to Dartmoor.
- Top London chocolatier paul.a.young is launching his Cream Tea at his Heal’s store during the week. Pop in for scones topped with clotted cream and his famous Sea salted caramel sauce served with tea by the Rare Tea Lady and an award-winning truffle of your choice
Find out what’s happening in your region on afternoontea.co.uk, the online home of afternoon tea.